Saints Row Preview Event
Saints Row is back! NRG marked the return of the cult-favorite game with live event production and popup activations that transported fans and the media straight to the streets of Santo Ileso.
What We Did
The wildly popular Saints Row video game may have taken a hiatus, but when the bestselling franchise returned in the summer of 2022, you can bet it made up for lost time, especially in the launch.
NRG was enlisted to produce a killer multi-day preview event that captured the essence of the reboot, and drove awareness, buzz and sales. We took over the Thunderbird Boutique Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada transforming it into an interactive experience reminiscent of the game’s fictional characters and southwest city, Santo Ileso.
No detail was spared, even down to a real-life version of the game’s Chalupacabra food truck, a full bar experience with themed cocktails and take-home drinkware, blackjack, poker and claw machines filled with Saints Row prizes.
However, no experience would be complete without the game’s central figure: The Boss. So, we converted three hotel rooms into the ultimate Boss immersion, providing dedicated spaces for media and guests to create their own Boss, take part in a Boss-themed photo opportunity, and a tattoo room where an artist applied a design of their choosing. Like the game, the vibe was weird and wild, just how the Boss likes it.
- Custom Saints Row hotel keys and map upon entry
- Live music performance by Metalachi
- Real life version of Jim Rob’s Garage with new and classic cars
- Hands-on game play area
- Exclusive advance play opportunity for GameStop employees
- Photo Ops with Saints Wings & the Recreated Saints Lair
- Themed faction areas
- Hired actors dressed as characters and factions from the game
- Hidden eggs throughout the space (just like the game!)