NBA 2K24 NYC Launch Event
The release of NBA 2K24 marks 25 years of the sports entertainment phenomenon. To commemorate their global impact, NRG created an innovative 2-day in-person and streaming launch event that brought together players and fans from around the world.
What we did
Celebrities, athletes, media and fans turned out in a big way to celebrate the latest installment of the beloved NBA 2K franchise. Best of all, you didn’t have to be in New York City to participate.
Thanks to a hybrid event approach that combined the magic of in-person activations with the accessibility of streaming, anyone, anywhere could take part in the fun.
The star-studded event took place at ArtsDirect in Brooklyn and opened with a red carpet featuring some of the hottest names in sports, music and pop culture. Massive displays of the NBA 2K24 Kobe Bryant, Black Mamba edition, and WNBA star Sabrina Ionescu covers flanked the entrance.
Inside, we had some fun creating video projections reminiscent of past NBA 2K cover athletes while highlighting the newest version of the game's environments. 2K athletes like Cade Cunningham, Sabrina Ionescu, and Donovan Mitchell set the stage for the larger-than-life party. With indoor and outdoor spaces, there was a surprise at every turn, from the custom T-shirt tent to the pop-up barbershop and sneaker cleaning station. Exclusive gaming setups gave guests ample opportunity to test their skills in the new game, while tons of novel photo opportunities captured the moment. At the end of the evening, Lil Uzi Vert took the stage for a bass-thumping performance that lived up the hype, much like NBA 2K24.
- Over 1400 guests over the two days
- Almost 1400 photo booth shares from the activations
- Over 1000 heat press shirts released
- Performance by Lil Uzi Vert
- VIP guests included: Fabolous, Maino, Jadakiss, Cade Cunningham, Frances Tiafoe, Sabrina Ionescu, Scottie Barnes, Tim Hardaway Jr., Cam Thomas, Darius Bazley, Dennis Smith Jr., Sauce Gardner, Kayvon Thibodeaux, Dexter Lawrence, Xavier McKinney, Darius Slayton, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, Dave East, and Nav
- Custom MyTEAM playing card photo opportunity
- Custom NBA 2K cover art “time machine” photo opportunity, utilizing past & current year covers
- 180-degree art installation photo opportunity
- Pop-Up Barber Shop
- Sneaker Cleaning Station
- Gaming Stations
- Fashion Area